Monday 14 September 2015

Poster Analysis 1 - Halloween (1978)

I was given the task of analysing three horror film posters to look for common conventions to use for my own film poster. Through the analysis of my three trailers, I found the similar use of colours eg. black. Also similar uses of iconography, everyday objects used as weapons. eg. a kitchen knife and an axe. I have learnt that for a horror poster to be successful,you very rarely make the cast and production company noticeable on the poster because you want to sell the genre not the stars. Also that a single word or sentences and pictures can tell you a story and generate questions for their audience. I will like to be able to use these conventions in my own film poster to sell the genre of horror in a professional way.

No comments:

Post a Comment